Rosemary oil is a popular essential oil extracted from the Rosemary herb native to the Mediterranean region. Many experts have described the Rosemary essential oil’s smell as camphor-like and much like the herb. Rosemary oil is invigorating, refreshing and stimulating. This essential oil is widely used for hair and skin treatment.
Rosemary oil for Hair Treatment:
Rosemary essential oil helps to speed up hair growth. People who want their hair to grow faster can make use of rosemary essential oil. Here is how to use this great oil for your hair: Add 6 – 8 drops of rosemary essential to your regular shampoo, massage the scalp and rinse with water. After washing the hair, add a few drops of rosemary oil to a warm oil such as coconut oil or jojoba oil and massage the scalp with it. This two simple steps can help you achieve longer hair in lesser time. Rosemary essential oil also helps in preventing fungal scalp infections which can lead to hair loss (alopecia). In actual fact, it dissolves dandruff and reduces scalp pimples. Remember not to use rosemary essential oil undiluted on scalp. Always dilute it in a carrier oil mentioned above.
Rosemary oil for skin Treatment:
For topical applications Rosemary oil should be added to a carrier oil. Dilution is always necessary. When applied on the skin, it pulls the skin cells together as though trying to shrink or compress them. This effect reduces sagging skin making it stronger. Adding rosemary oil and vitamin E to a carrier oil helps reduce the visibility of stretch marks, acne scars and scars created by cuts, scrapes and wounds. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
Rosemary essential oil can be of great help for your hair and skin beauty routine!
Other attributes for this great oil are like
- Used as a stimulant- Rosemary oil has been heralded for its help in memory retention, staying focused and alert. If one is involved in long study sessions or driving long distances, it would be a good choice to pick on this essential oil as a companion.
- Rosemary oil is helpful in massage and arthritis blends and can help improve circulation.
- Rosemary oil is also useful for respiratory concerns and makes a good expectorant or decongestant.
- Rosemary has also been widely used for aching muscles, arthritis, exhaustion, gout, muscle cramping, neuralgia, poor circulation and rheumatism.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils